Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My homage to the Oscar Race

I thought "Milk" was a better movie, but "SM" was pretty amazing. "Milk" is a political story that could have been a scold but it is made with such a light hand that makes it fun to watch. Still, Danny Boyle should definitely win for Best Director for that opening scene alone. Acting was a little uninspiring once the kids grew up. I liked the jazz hands at the end.

Anyway, it inspired me to cook Indian for dinner Sunday. Despite his British heritage, Iain doesnt like Indian food. I chalk that up to the gloopy cafeteria curries he had at school. This is more of a southern Indian meal so not really geographically-correct, but highly recommended. Not difficult if you can find all the ingredients. Careful w the chiles - even with 1 in each it is still rather spicy. Click on the links for recipes.

Indian Shrimp Curry
Beet Cheera Pachadi (Beet Curry)