Friday, June 27, 2008

A Curse on all Bees

I was stung by a belligerent bee, and now I'm pissed. My arm is red and swelling. I am, happy to report, still breathing and not anaphlyactic. But still, I'm pissed. Honey is just sugar for pussies. And pollination is overrated.

Annnnyway, Iain has decided we are having people over on Saturday for drinks in an attempt to drain the ocean of leftover alcohol moldering in our basement. I am going to attempt a cocktail called Panty Dropper Punch which involves tequila and Red Bull. KIDDING. I'll probably make some grilled marinated chicken thighs, grilled sweet potatoes with lime, and watermelon feta salad. I'm harassing Joanna again for her old-fashioned potato salad recipe. Hers is the best I've had. I will also make my show-stopping, knock your socks off, peach and blueberry amaretti crisp.

Or maybe I'll just drink an entire bottle of white wine before people show up and order pizza.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: