Monday, July 28, 2008

My weekend with the moderately-priced stars

An eventful weekend.

Saturday I got my hair cut and who was in the chair next to me? None other than Shia LaBoeuf. He appeared to be entirely sober at the time. Later: X-Files (my review: Meh.) and dinner at Gingergrass Cafe (mmmm love Vietnamese summer rolls)later w my Home Slice. Who should jump in front of us in the queue for a table? None other than John C Reilly. Very cute and fluffy (big hair) in person, but I was really hungry. Jumping was uncool.

Sunday a lovely brunch at Matt and Rachel's - bagels & lox and farmer's market fruit. I brought my hash brown casserole and I'm happy to report that not one ingredient was not from a bag or can.

Sunday night we went w Shana, Peg, and Erica to the Gnarls Barkley concert at the Hollywood Bowl. Shana works there now and scored us front-row middle seats. It might just ruin me for live music forever. Once I've sat there...how can I be content with nosebleed seats anymore? Anyway, both Gnarls and the opening band, a Senegalese singer name Fallou Dieng, were FAB. Pix below.

No comments: